Terms & Conditions
Please read these conditions carefully as they, together with the specific information about your confirmed transfer, form the basis of your contract with the supplier detailed on your confirmation voucher.
In this document the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings: "Supplier" shall refer to an enterprise that provides transport services via the use of their own vehicles. "you" and "your", „Client(s)” and ‘passenger(s)’ " ’ include the first named person on the booking and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made or any other person to whom a booking is transferred.
Your transfer may be provided by an independent supplier(s). Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you.
Due to the highly regulated European laws governing driving and working hours within the passenger transport Industry, which we respect as a professional European Ground Transport Company, Suppliers ask you to understand the Terms and Conditions listed below which may at times seem rather stringent, but which are ultimately designed to guarantee a maximum amount of security for the travelling public.
PAYMENT CONDITIONS & PRICES
1. Payment is required for the transfer at the time of booking. Alps2Alps will produce written confirmation of the details regarding the booking, either by email or fax following the initial payment. Such payment is strictly non-refundable except in circumstances where Alps2Alps, due to causes beyond its control, cancels or, at its absolute discretion, agrees to cancel the booking.
2. We reserve the right to alter any of our advertised or confirmed transfer prices. If our booking agent does not advise you of the correct current price of the transfer that you wish to book at the time your booking is confirmed, we will give you the opportunity to rebook your transfer at the correct price or to cancel your transfer and receive a full refund of all monies paid.
3. Your booking is confirmed and a contract between you and us for the transfers in question will exist when the appropriate payment has been made to us. No contract will exist between us until all monies due for your transfer have been received by us in full from our agent.
5. Airport transfers are scheduled only when full confirmation by email for the transfer booking has been received both by Alps2Alps and the client.
6. The client accepts all booking conditions on behalf of each passenger.
7. The confirmation email of booking is your ticket. The client must present it to the Suppliers driver or representative for both the outward and return trip.
8. The destination and pick-up addresses on the ticket are the addresses to which the party will be delivered and picked up.
9. It is the responsibility of the client that all booking information is correct. Supplier accepts no responsibility for misinformation given by a client and that result in either a flight being missed or a driver failing to be at the arrival airport in question to pick-up a customer(s).
10. If the client provides the take off time of a flight instead of an arrival time and as a result a vehicle(s) has to wait for the client, Alps2Alps reserves the right to charge waiting time fee of 1 Euro per minute, this is calculated as the difference between the time given and the actual scheduled landing time of the flight.
11. Clients are entitled to cancel their booking by email. Cancellations must be made at least 3 days before the time of travel. In the event of a cancellation by the customer, 3 days prior to the travel date, Supplier will make a full refund of sum paid by traveller, making a deduction of 10% for administrative costs and bank services. The client will receive an email confirming the cancellation. If cancellation is made less than 3 days before the date of travel, 50% of the total sum will be charged. If cancellation is made less than 24 hours before the travel date, 100% of the total sum will be charged.
These include, for example, strikes, meteorological conditions, third party behaviour and other cases of Force Majeure. In these cases, the Supplier recommends that customers change their reservation and choose a later date for travel.
For season 2020/21 there is no administrative fee for cancellations made at least 24 hours before scheduled service time and related on the following:
- The government of the country you are traveling from, are implementing directives that, due to Covid-19, do not recommend traveling to your chosen destination.
- The authorities at your destination have imposed Covid-19 restrictions on travelers from your country.
- Your flight is canceled because of Covid-19 restrictions
- Your destination ski resort is closed because of Covid-19 restrictions
- We (Alps2Alps) are unable to provide services due to government restrictions on Covid-19.
The deadline for notifying us of a cancellation due to government restrictions on Covid-19 is no later than 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of service.
For all cancellations made less than 24 hours before the scheduled time of service or for reasons other than the above, the cancellation policy applies as described above.
12. All luggage must be clearly labelled with the owners name and destination address. Passengers are limited to two items of luggage (one usual holiday luggage bag and small hand luggage bag), and a ski or snowboard bag.
i) Any excess luggage must be declared at the time of booking. In case if a passenger has excess luggage, Supplier reserves the right to charge an excess baggage allowance, or refuse to transport the items.
13. Clients are asked to keep Supplier informed of any incidence of lost luggage. It is the responsibility of the airline and or handling agent of the airline to deliver any lost luggage to the passenger not Supplier.
i) In the event of a delay exceeding 60 minutes caused by lost luggage, and if the allocated driver has to leave the airport prior to the arrival of the passenger, passengers will be placed on the next available transfer that is going to the requested destination, or in the direction of the requested destination. This may mean sharing a vehicle with other clients.
ii) Where a delay is of an exceptional length Supplier may be forced to cancel the original airport transfer booking and reschedule a new transfer to cater for the 'newly' scheduled arrival time caused by the delay in waiting for lost luggage. In this case, passengers will be charged for the additional 'new' transfer, and no monies will be refunded for the cancelled transfer. Clients are free to refuse the 'newly' scheduled transfer and organise an alternative transfer themselves.
14. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to travel in the front seats of any vehicle, children under 12 or 1m35cm must use the appropriate child seat. Baby seats and booster seats are supplied free of charge upon request at time of booking. The seat will be allocated to the customer on the basis of the weight group that they have informed supplier that each child will be between at the time of travel. Suppliers will bring a seat on the transfer that is kitemarked to be suitable for a child of said weight.
i) In the case that there is any dispute over the suitability of the chair, Supplier will not be held accountable for difference of opinion. To save this occurrence, parents are recommended to bring their own child seats if there is any confusion.
15. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to travel without a parent or guardian.
16. Minors between the age of 16 and 18 assume full responsibility for their use of seat belts. Clients should note that while every endeavour is made to supply coaches with seat belts, coaches constructed before 2002 were not and are not retrospectively required to fit seat belts.
17. Parents, or minders (or friends over 18 years) of children and adolescents under the age of 18 years, are responsible for the conduct of these minors while in the Supplier vehicles, and will be held responsible for any damage caused by the aforementioned minors.
18. Any damage caused to an Suppliers vehicle by a passenger(s) must be paid for immediately. If payment cannot, or will not, be made then Supplier will be forced to take legal action against the passenger(s) in question.
19. Passengers are not allowed to take onto our vehicles any alcoholic drinks for the purpose of consuming them, or to drink such drinks on our vehicles. The consummation of food is not permitted on any Suppliers vehicle.
20. Suppliers reserves the right (and delegates to its chauffeurs the right) to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat to the driver, the vehicle or the other passenger(s).
21. Passengers who soil the interior of a van due to alcohol or drug consumption, are liable to an on the spot fine of 150.00 Euros. This fine is payable immediately to the Suppliers driver.
i) If the passenger refuses to pay, or has no money with which to pay, then the 150.00 Euros valet cleaning fee will be taken on the credit card which was used to pay the airport transfer.
ii) If payment cannot, or will not, be made Supplier will cancel any outstanding transfer(s) for the passenger(s) concerned with no refund given and take legal action against the passenger(s) concerned to recover the cost of cleaning the vehicle this will included all legal fees Supplier incur.
22. Smoking is not permitted in Suppliers vehicles.
23. Should more passengers present themselves for transfer than noted on the booking it may not be possible to carry the extra passenger(s). The extra passenger(s) will have to make their own way to their destination and Supplier will accept no responsibility or liability for said extra passenger(s).
PICK UP INSTRUCTIONS
24. All pick up times for a service from resort to an airport must be reconfirmed with Supplier the day before departure but not less than 24 hours before departure from resort. It is the clients' responsibility to reconfirm the booking and if the booking is not so reconfirmed, Supplier cannot guarantee that the service will be provided and Supplier will not be liable for any losses or additional costs the passengers incurs.
25. Supplier schedules all departures to arrive at airports two hours before the departure time of a flight. Should a client insist on a change of pickup time allowing less time between leaving resort and the scheduled departure time Supplier will accept no responsibility for any losses incurred due to missing a flight or onward connection.
26. Clients booked on to shared transfers agree to wait up to one hour once they have come through into arrivals at the airport. In the case that clients have to wait longer than hour, Alps2Alps will make alternative arrangements in order for their transfer to be made.
27. In the situation that the client is not at a specified point at the arranged time (excluding flight arrivals), and Supplier has not previously been informed, the driver will not wait for the customer.
28. In the situation that the client is not at a specified point at the arranged time (excluding flight arrivals), and Supplier has not been informed, the driver will wait for a MAXIMUM of 5 minutes (shared transfers), and a MAXIMUM of 10 minutes (private transfers).
29. It is the responsibility of the client to direct the driver to their accommodation once in resort. The driver may know the specific accommodation, and in this case you will be taken straight there.
i) In the case that neither client nor driver know the exact location of the accommodation the driver will drive round for up to 10 minutes trying to find it, but after that will have no option but to leave customers at the resort's tourist office (whether it is open or closed).
DELAYS AND FAILURES DUE TO UNFORESEEN EVENTS
30. Supplier will use every reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time to begin the period of hire and that it reaches its destination on time. Supplier will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes beyond its control.
31. Vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims, as required under local laws. However, whilst every care is always taken, clients' property is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage. Clients are therefore advised to check their own travel insurance.
32. Suppliers will endeavour to carry the passenger(s) with the maximum comfort and minimum inconvenience to their destination shown on the booking confirmation document. However, circumstances beyond the Alps2Alps's control may prevent the achievement of this responsibility. The following are examples, but not an exhaustive list of circumstances which are not within our control:
a. vehicle breakdowns
b. exceptional or severe weather conditions
c. compliance with requests of the police
d. accidents or deaths on the road
e. vandalism and terrorism
f. unforeseen traffic delays
g. industrial action by third parties
h. problems caused by other customers
i. the vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official
j. other circumstances affecting passenger safety
k. Force Majeure (war, civil unrest, acts of god, etc)
33. If affected by any of the above situations or other unforeseen events Supplier will make every effort to deliver the passenger to their destination. In case if Supplier is unable to deliver the passenger on time and or to their destination, Supplier will not be held responsible for any losses or costs incurred.
34. If affected by any of the above situations or other unforeseen events Supplier will make every effort to deliver the passenger to their destination. In case if Supplier is unable to deliver the passenger on time and or to their destination, Supplier will not be held responsible for any losses or costs incurred.
35. Tunnel closures, sudden & unscheduled road closures forcing alternative routes: a supplement is to be agreed (at the time of transfer or prior where possible) with client and paid on arrival in cash by the passenger if the client has not previously agreed to pay the supplement. The amount of the supplement will reflect the extra distance, time and tolls involved to transport the passenger to their booked destination.
i) Where no agreement can be reached on the supplement to be paid, Supplier will transport the passenger up to the point at which the normal route is blocked. Supplier may waive the payment of the supplement at its discretion depending upon specific circumstances.
36. If Supplier fails to provide a booked service because Supplier is unable to contact the client due to a lack of mobile phone number, the said mobile phone number not being active or the phone remains unanswered when called Supplier will not be held responsible for any losses incurred.
37. If Supplier fails for any reason within our control to deliver its passengers to their confirmed destination, Supplier will provide suitable transport such as another coach, train, private car, taxi etc. Any reimbursement made by Supllier for the costs of an alternative means of transport incurred by the passenger to get to their ticketed destination shall be no more than the cost of getting to that destination by one taxi. Supplier shall be allowed a period of 90 minutes commencing from the point at which the client presents themselves to an Supplier representative, to supply the purchased service.
DELAYED, CANCELLED AND RESCHEDULED FLIGHTS
38. Clients are asked to keep Supplier informed about all possible delays and changes to their scheduled flight(s).
i) Clients must understand that in the event of a delay exceeding 60 minutes, and if the allocated driver has to leave the airport prior to the arrival of the passenger(s), passengers will be placed on the next available transfer that is going to the requested destination. This may mean sharing a vehicle with other passengers.
ii) If the driver has to wait for over 60 minutes, there will be a charge, of 40.00 Euros per hour thereafter starting from the first minute of the following hour. If the passenger is unwilling or unable to pay for waiting time Supplier may cancel the scheduled transfer. This charge may be wavered by Supplier.
iii) If Supplier is aware of the new arrival time for the delayed flight before the specified driver leaves to go the airport for the flight arrival in question, then the driver will be instructed to leave according to the new arrival time and no supplement will be charged. However, if the flight delay is of an excessive length, due to circumstances such as: (a) flights being cancelled and passengers then arriving on alternative scheduled fights, (b) flights being rescheduled to later times then Supplier may be forced to cancel the original airport transfer booking and reschedule a new transfer. In this case, clients will be charged for the additional 'new' transfer, and no monies will be refunded for the cancelled transfer. Clients are free to refuse the 'newly' scheduled transfer and organise an alternative transfer themselves.
39. The client is strongly recommended to have holiday insurance. In the case that previously mentioned reasons for transfer delays occur - causing missed flights and other such costly events - Supplier will not be held liable for the cost of any of this. Supplier will, however provide documentation to the customer that can be used as proof to their insurance provider in order to recoup any money lost. In situations where Supplier are proved to be negligent, the customer will be offered discounts from further services - this decision will be solely at the discretion of the management of Supplier.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
40. These terms and conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute or claim arising out of it.
41. Any special requests must be advised to us at the time of booking. Whilst every effort will be made by us to try and arrange your reasonable special requests, we cannot guarantee that they will be fulfilled.
GENERAL TERMS CONDITIONS
42. Any service issues should be directed to Alps2Alps via email at email@example.com or by post to Amitours Londnon. LTD, Office 7, 6 Gainsborough Road London, E11 1HT. Alps2Alps will endeavour to resolve all service issues within 28 days of notification.
43. Alps2Alps shall only be liable for any reasonable and foreseeable consequential
44. Alps2Alps may alter these terms and conditions from time to time, following which all transport reservations will be governed by that version. The terms governing the purchase of an airport transfer will be the terms in place at the time of your reservation.
45. Any dispute between Suppliers and a third party, if not resolved by mutual agreement shall be referred to a mediator. However, if mediation is unsuccessful, then the matter of the dispute will be referred to a formal litigation process through the French courts.
46. Fuel surcharge: Suppliers reserves the right to increase prices in accordance with fuel price rises and in accordance with point 3.
47. Nothing can affect the clients' statutory rights.
48. Privacy. Alps2Alps work with a number of partners and may share with these partners your email address and from time to time contact you via email regarding special offers. If you do not wish to be contacted about these offers or for Alps2Alps to share your email address you should inform us in writing by email or fax and we will respect your request.