Do you provide Private Transfers?
Certainly, Snowcompare exclusively collaborates with private transfer providers. Our platform does not feature shared transfers, ensuring that you won’t have to compromise on collection times or share your transfer with other groups.
Can I pay a deposit to secure my booking?
As long as your booking is made more than 5 weeks in advance of your travel date then it is possible to pay a deposit and have the balance automatically taken from your account 4 weeks before you travel.
Can I pay my driver cash on arrival?
Unfortunately this is not possible and all transfers booked through Snowcompare must be fully prepaid in advance. Paying the driver in cash changes the type of licence suppliers must operate under to a ‘taxi’ licence rather than the prepaid private transfers that Snowcompare provide..
Am I booking a door-to-door service?
Every transfer offered on the Snowcompare website provides door-to-door services to and from your accommodation in the resort. While we request the general location to determine the accurate journey price, it is crucial to provide your specific address during the booking process, including the correct building name.
Is luggage included in the price?
Yes, transfer reservations are based on the assumption that each passenger will bring along one suitcase and one hand luggage bag. These items are included in the transfer price.
Will there be an extra charge for transporting ski equipment?
There is no extra charge for ski & snowboard equipment, but we do ask you to specify it at the time of booking in order to allow the transfer driver to plan accordingly.
What type of vehicles do you use?
Each partner uses different vehicles, with the majority being 8 seat minibuses. VIP transfers will use executive-style vehicles and all are winter-ready. Vehicles styles can be seen in the photos on the individual partner pages.
Are there child seats available?
Yes, our partners offer child seats free of charge unless otherwise stated. Please ensure to request them during the booking process.
Are your cars big enough to fit our luggage and ski gear?
Our vehicles are designed to accommodate both regular luggage and special equipment like ski gear.
How will I know where to meet the driver?
You will receive clear instructions on where to meet your driver after confirming your booking.
Will I get a text from the driver before I travel / how do I contact the driver?
Full details on how you will be contacted / how to contact your transfer provider is supplier on the booking confirmation email you will receive.
Will the driver collect us with enough time to get to the airport on our departure date?
Resort collection times are planned to allocate sufficient time for the journey, including approximately 2 hours for airport check-in. While our transfer partners leverage their local expertise, adjustments to the timings might be necessary closer to the travel date to account for adverse weather or traffic conditions.
What if our flight is delayed?
In the event of a flight delay it is best to contact your transfer supplier as soon as possible. They will do everything possible to adjust your transfer accordingly, but there could be surcharges for driver waiting time if the delay is extended (in accordance with the T&Cs viewable on their individual partner profiles).
Can we do a supermarket stop / pick the keys up for our chalet?
Supermarket stop requests are considered on a case-by-case basis by transfer suppliers and agreed to only if their schedule allows. On busy dates, particularly weekends, it may not be possible – and if it is agreed to, may require an additional charge for the driver’s time. Collecting keys from a separate location is almost always fine – just include the information on your booking.
Information to Highlight Throughout the Booking Process:
- We must have your full name for the booking.
- We must have the full name and address of your accommodation.
- If you are travelling in a group, with members of your party arriving/departing at different times, you must provide the last flight arrival time and the first departure time.
- You must specify flight numbers and times.
- We may charge for supermarket stops.
- We may charge for collections/drop-offs in the city (i.e., train station).
- You are booking a private transfer.
- You are booking a door-to-door service.
- Depending on your resort and location, the driver will allow around 5 hours for your return trip to the airport. Depending on weather conditions, partners reserve the right to adjust the collection time closer to travel too.
- You must specify if you need child seats.
- Luggage is included in the price of your booking but you must specify any ski or snowboard equipment in the relevant section
- You can secure your booking by deposit or by paying in full. (deposit payments only apply if the booking is more than 5 weeks in advance.)