Terms & Conditions
- Hero Transfers - refers to the company Hero Transfers SASU Siret: 845 384 569 00016 R.C.S. Chambery
- Client - refers to the person making the booking for themselves or on behalf of other persons
- Party - refers to all persons travelling under one single booking
- Passenger - refers to a person within a party
- Operator - refers to another business providing transport services via the use of their own vehicles
1. To secure a booking we usually require 50% of the full fee to be paid in advance unless an alternative arrangement has been made with Hero Transfers. Hero Transfers will produce written confirmation of the details regarding the booking by email, the Booking Confirmation.
2. Payments can be made via bank transfer with Qonto, or securely online by credit or debit card via Stripe. No credit card details are taken or stored on any Hero Transfers platform.
3. Payments by debit or credit card will not incur any charges, but if paying by bank transfer from outside the EU fees may apply.
4. Cancellations made up to 3 weeks before transfer date will be refunded 70% of the full transfer price. Cancellations made between 3 weeks before and 72 hours before the transfer date will be refunded 50% of the full transfer price. Cancellations made within 72 hours of the transfer date/time will be charged at the full amount and no refund will be given.
5. Where two or more passengers are included on the same booking, the Client purchasing the booking shall be deemed to do so on the basis that he/she acts as an agent for both or all members of the Party and accepts these booking conditions on behalf of each member of the Party.
6. Where Hero Transfers book for travel on services provided by operators other than Hero Transfers we do so as agents for the operator concerned whose own conditions of carriage will apply and our liability will be confined to travel on our own services.
7. The invoice is your booking, so please print a copy to bring with you when you travel.
8. In the case of missed flights or flight delays forcing you to miss your transfer, Hero Transfers will endeavour to meet your new requirements at no additional cost. Where this is not possible, they will ask you to fill in a declaration for your travel insurance for the cost of your new transfer. The extra charge can and may be waived or reduced at the discretion of Hero Transfers.
9. The destination and pick-up addresses you have provided are the addresses to which you will be delivered and picked up. Should you wish to change these or any other details, this must be done in writing, by email directly with Hero Transfers, a minimum of 2 days prior to the date of travel.
10. All luggage must be clearly labelled with the owners name and destination address. Customers are limited to two items of luggage (one usual holiday luggage bag and small hand luggage bag), and a ski or snowboard bag. Ski and snowboard bags should be declared at the time of booking in order to assist Hero Transfers with the provision of adequate luggage space. Any luggage in excess of the above must also be declared at the time of booking. In the event of a client having excess luggage, Hero Transfers reserves the right to charge an excess baggage allowance, or refuse to transport the items.
11. Hero Transfers reserves the right to refuse to carry any passenger who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behaviour is considered to pose a threat to the driver, the vehicle or the other passenger(s). Any person using threatening or abusive language or behaviour to a driver or passenger may be asked to leave the vehicle immediately regardless of where it is or the time of day.
12. Passengers who spoil the interior of a vehicle will be liable to pay a cleaning charge of a minimum of 50 euros. This charge is payable immediately to Hero Transfers. If the passenger refuses to pay, or has no money with which to pay, then the cleaning charge will be taken on the credit card that the client used to make the booking. Hero Transfers will produce a receipt for this transaction. If payment cannot, or will not, be made Hero Transfers will cancel any outstanding transfer(s) for the passenger(s) concerned with no refund given and take legal action against the passenger(s) concerned to recover the cost of cleaning the vehicle including any legal fees Hero Transfers incur.
13. Parents, or minders (or friends over 18 years) of children and adolescents under the age of 18 years, are responsible for the conduct of these minors while in the Hero Transfers vehicles, and will be held responsible for any damage caused by the aforementioned minors.
14. Passengers are not allowed to take onto our vehicles any alcoholic drinks for the purpose of consuming them, or to drink such drinks in our vehicles. The consuming of food is not permitted in the Hero Transfers vehicle.
15. Smoking is not permitted in Hero Transfers vehicles.
16. Hero Transfers will use every reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrives on time to begin the period of hire and that it reaches its destination on time. Hero Transfers will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes beyond its control.
17. Vehicles are fully insured for passenger and third party claims, as required under French law. However, whilst every care is always taken, clients property is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage. Customers are therefore advised to check their own travel insurance.
18. Hero Transfers will endeavour to carry the passenger with the minimum discomfort and inconvenience to his/her destination shown on the confirmation document. However circumstances beyond our control may prevent the achievement of this responsibility.
19. The following are examples of circumstances which are not within our control:
- accidents causing delays to the vehicle
- vehicle breakdowns
- exceptional or severe weather conditions
- compliance with requests of the police
- deaths and accidents on the road
- vandalism and terrorism
- unforeseen traffic delays
- industrial action by third parties
- problems caused by other customers
- the vehicle being held or delayed by a police officer or government official
- other circumstances affecting passenger safety
- Hero Transfers will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of a delay due to the above circumstances, which are considered out of their control.
20. If Hero Transfers fails for any reason within our control to deliver its passengers to their confirmed destination, Hero Transfers will provide suitable transport such as another coach, train, private car, taxi etc. Any reimbursement made by Hero Transfers for the costs of an alternative means of transport incurred by the passenger to get to their ticketed destination shall be no more than the cost of getting to that destination by taxi.
21. At all times safety is our primary concern therefore if at any point, circumstances beyond our control, could prevent us from providing a secure and safe service we reserve the right to cancel your transfer.
22. It is the responsibility of the client that all the information on their Hero Transfers invoice is correct. Hero Transfers accepts no responsibility for misinformation given by a customer that results in either a flight being missed or a driver failing to be at the arrival airport in question to pick-up up a customer(s).
23. Delayed/ Cancelled Flights: If you are delayed for a considerable time our driver may not be able to wait due to other transfer obligations. Where possible we will try to pick you up later, at no extra cost, if this ties in with our transfer schedule for the day. However if other transfer arrangements are made, at your request, these will be made at a cost to you and your original transfer will be charged as expected. If a client insists on the driver waiting, regardless of the length of the delay and Hero Transfers has no other job to go to, there will be a charge, after 60 minutes, of 25 euros per hour. If Hero Transfers is made aware of the new arrival time for the delayed flight before leaving a resort to go to the arrival airport in question, the driver will leave according to the new arrival time and no supplement will be charged. Clients are asked to do their best to keep Hero Transfers informed about all possible delays to their flight(s).
24. Night Rates: For transfers requiring a driver to work between midnight and 6am there is a 45.00 euro supplement per vehicle.
25. Hero Transfers shall only be liable for any reasonable and foreseeable consequential losses arising directly out of a breach in contract. Nothing can affect the consumers' statutory rights. Hero Transfers' Terms and conditions are governed by French Law. Any dispute between Hero Transfers and a third party, if not resolved by mutual agreement shall be referred to a mediator. However, if mediation is unsuccessful, then the matter of the dispute will be referred to a formal litigation process through the French courts.